There is a lot of truth in the classic expression that you get exactly as much out of something as you put into it.
This is certainly the case when it comes to networking. Making meaningful connections with like-minded peers takes effort, but if you put in the time, it will open new doors and expand the possibilities of your business horizon, your professional network and your personal career.
With 68% of participants citing networking as their top priority during an event, it is clear that there is no shortage of enthusiasm for face-to-face meetings at live events. And now, a revamped SpotMe module helps participants turn their interest into opportunities, by making it easier than ever to meet the right people at their next event.
Introducing SpotMe Meetings
SpotMe Meetings is an advanced module, inspired in part by the belief that face-to-face connections still matter a great deal to event participants. In an increasingly digital world, networking can of course be done via email or LinkedIn message, but the lifeblood of most major events is networking face-to-face.
With a redesigned user interface (UI) that is available on both the SpotMe app and the web, Meetings makes networking easy. All the tools for organizing a meeting are at participants’ fingertips, which removes uncertainty and hassle from the networking process from start to finish. Even in the few minutes between sessions at a busy conference, participants can quickly open Meetings to:
- Set up one-on-one conversations or even group sessions
- Choose a meeting date and location, and add details like duration
- Accept or decline a meeting invitation
- View a list of meetings in a participant’s personalized event schedule during the event, with useful details like the meeting name and status
- Record and attach personal notes to the session
Meetings is an advanced module that can be optionally installed and is included in the core SpotMe app capabilities.
Empower Your Participants, Enhance Your Event
When your event app includes the SpotMe Meetings module, participants can skip the time-consuming process of coordinating through emails and texts, efforts that too often lead to suboptimal meetings. Instead, everything they need to gather like-minded peers for a productive session is centralized and transparent to the whole group.
Spontaneous gatherings can deliver a spark of inspiration at events, taking them from good to great. The advanced Meetings module makes organizing such in-the-moment sessions possible: a spontaneous brainstorm inspired by a keynote address. A last-minute, one-on-one demo for between a buyer and vendor who just met. A study session with a group of new connections. At most events, such meetings are nearly impossible to organize effectively—but Meetings makes it simple.
Event organizers can prompt app engagement and networking among participants by encouraging the use of the Meetings module. Here are just a couple thought-starters for how to leverage Meetings to enhance your next event:
- For events with hands-on lab sessions, participants can create follow-up meetings to get additional support, input, and questions answered
- At a user conference, vendors can fill their schedules with productive meetings with perfectly matched buyers
- Executives from a global leadership event can have dedicated time slots for rapid fire, one-on-one sessions to build stronger ties across regions and functions
- During training programs, a group of new employees can host debrief sessions to swap insights and ideas
To learn more about the SpotMe Meetings module and schedule a demo, please contact us.
Virtual events and event apps made simple
Build a virtual event experience for your audience on the platform trusted by the pros.Start a Free Trial