Event organizers are facing increasing demands for value, innovation, and quality. In 2016, more than 85,000 events were app-driven, and in 2020, that number is expected to reach 2 million. The value event technology has created through mobile apps can be measured in adoption rates, engagement, and interactivity. Gone are the days when viewing a meeting agenda on an iPad impressed everyone in the room.
To optimize the value of software technology in executing event strategy, SpotMe has augmented its engaging interactive tools to create a positive user experience for stakeholders, speakers, and attendees.
Questions & Comments Feed
Q&A sessions are often the most informative yet time-sensitive part of a presentation. Whether speakers are happy to take questions throughout a session or want to field them at the end, this two-way interaction allows participants to engage in the topic at hand.
Yet this vital interaction is often cut short as time runs out. Participants can become frustrated when they cannot share their opinions or ask the questions needed to get the most out of the experience.
SpotMe has implemented a Questions & Comments Feed functionality that allows participants to type questions or comments into the SpotMe app. Those questions and comments are then visible to all event participants through the app, allowing them to read, comment and respond to them. A live feed can also be projected onto a screen, which rotates through all the questions and comments from the audience.
By using meeting technology, you can give all participants a voice, not just those brave enough to stand up in front of everyone. And with SpotMe’s built-in toggle for anonymity, you will get even more questions coming in.
- Benefit for stakeholders: The Questions & Comments Feed supports multiple moderators, allowing thousands of participants’ voices to be heard before, during, and after an event, thereby creating engaging, interactive sessions with minimal preparation.
- Benefit for speakers: With questions and comments already in place, speakers can prepare in advance the direction of their presentation, easily answer the most-asked questions, and keep the conversation going by responding to unanswered questions through the app.
- Benefit for attendees: With access to all questions and comments, participants can learn from their peers and get the most out of every minute.
Audience-Guided Panel Discussions
Panel discussions are great for exchanging ideas and discussing topics with experts. But how can you make sure participants have their say without interrupting the flow of the conversation or running too long and affecting the event’s schedule?
SpotMe added the Audience-Guided Panel Discussion solution to allow participants to choose the topics that are of most interest to them. This functionality provides a fresh and interactive way of engaging participants in assisting with the direction of the discussion.
- Benefit for stakeholders: Gives the power of conversation back to the participants so they can guide the topic of conversation before or during the panel discussion.
- Benefit for speakers: Ensures the hottest topics are always covered while staying on schedule.
- Benefit for attendees: Reinforces their full engagement in the topic and lets them be part of the agenda.
Interactive Live Strategies
Event Polling is one of SpotMe’s core interactive audience-response tools. With the voting features, you can pose multiple-choice questions to your audience and receive real-time feedback. Questions appear and results are shown on the big screen as participants vote using a keypad within the app. SpotMe has developed a more detailed analysis of polling results by segmenting by participant type, which helps gauge attendees’ interest in your unique responses.
Furthermore, virtual and hybrid meetings have witnessed a widespread adoption over the years, and participants often cite in their feedback the limited opportunities to interact. SpotMe has pioneered engagement tools that can be now easily used in virtual and hybrid meetings, bringing the full SpotMe experience to everyone, no matter where they are located. While tuned-in to a webcast, participants can freely continue to use the Web App, including some of the interactive functionalities of voting, Q&A, and polling.
- Benefit for stakeholders: Empowers your audience with live interactive streaming strategies.
- Benefit for speakers: For speakers wanting a more detailed analysis, segmented polling results can be gather significant insight about their audience members
- Benefit for attendees: Improving interactivity for remote participants.
Virtual events and event apps made simple
Build a virtual event experience for your audience on the platform trusted by the pros.Start a Free Trial