Q&A or AMA (Ask Me Anything) questions are a great way to create a fun, meaningful, and engaging connection to your audience.
We’ve compiled a list of frequently used Q&A questions that you can use as fillers, or to provide some inspiration to your audience. The questions are grouped by job title, and are a mix of personal, fun and work-related questions.
You can use SpotMe’s new Live Q&A to run your online Q&A sessions, or any other tool.
Q&A questions for CEOs
CEOs tend to get tough questions about the company, vision, and the future. They may not always have the answers, but a good CEO should be able to navigate through these Q&A questions with ease.
- What’s the 3-minute pitch for the new product?
- How are we keeping our company customer-focused and not sales-driven?
- What is your vision of our company in 5 years’ time?
- What will be the post-COVID-19 impact on our company and industry?
- Do you think we spend enough resources on innovation?
- What are your expectations from employees in the next quarter?
- Where is our biggest opportunity for growth?
- Who are our target customers TODAY?
- Do you talk often to other CEOs? Which ones?
- What are the key projects we are working on this quarter?
Q&A questions for CFOs
With CFOs, you don’t want to fall into the trap of only asking about numbers. So why not talk about something fun like… Excel?
- Can we disrupt the market with a new pricing model?
- How accurate are our sales pipeline forecasts?
- What is the one thing you could do without in your job?
- In which departments are we going to invest more?
- What are our greatest risks for meeting our profit targets?
- How did you decide to get into finance?
- Are we raising more money from investors?
- Are we planning to make an exit this year?
- What is your take on employee-owned stock to raise money?
- What’s your favorite formula in Microsoft Excel?
Are you speaking at an online event? Read on to our top tips for a flawless delivery.
Q&A questions for CMOs
Marketing, the mystery machine for many, often have rough time trying to defend and explain their budgets. Ask your CMO these questions and watch them ace the next Q&A session.
- What are the best things we can do to make our customers more loyal?
- Should we invest more in developing new products rather than marketing?
- What’s the inbound vs outbound leads ratio?
- How honest are we with customers in our campaigns?
- How do you allocate marketing budgets for different channels and campaigns?
- What’s your take on influencer marketing?
- How is our website ranking and can other departments help boost the rank?
- Do you think we have a good alignment between marketing, sales, support and product?
- What do you think is the number one reason customers buy our products?
- What does your Google Analytics dashboard look like?
Q&A questions for sales leadership
Similar to CFOs, sales leaders get often asked about numbers and the performance of their teams. It’s important to have answers to all of these questions, but you can also throw in some fun questions… about Salesforce!
- How much time does it take to qualify a lead?
- What are we doing to stay competitive with the way we sell?
- Does a structured sales process with specialized roles work at this time?
- What is our internal sales content strategy?
- Who are your favorite sales leaders?
- If you were not in sales, what would you do?
- Are we planning to expand to new markets?
- What can other departments do to help reduce customer churn?
- How can everyone in the company do a bit of sales?
- What does your Salesforce dashboard look like?
Q&A questions for HR leaders
HR/People/Culture leaders often answer operational questions. Our list contains a few more strategic questions that may help you raise the bar of the discussion.
- How are we measuring productivity and ensuring everyone has a balanced workload?
- What are we doing to become a more distributed/remote company?
- Are there any upcoming training sessions?
- Do we have diversity targets for new hires?
- Are you considering starting an internship program?
- What are we doing to reduce our turnover?
- How are we building our employer brand equity?
- How engaged do you think the team is?
- What are we doing to address discrimination, even if unintentional, at the office?
- Can you share some gossip from your 1-1s? 🙂
Q&A questions for industry leaders
If you are organizing or attending a panel discussion with industry leaders, here are the best Q&A questions you can ask them.
- Do you have any interesting projects coming up?
- Which resources do you use to keep up with industry news?
- What is the greatest challenge the industry is facing?
- What is the most interesting trend you see in 2020?
- How will AI change our industry?
- What are the main industry differences between pre- and post- COViD-19?
- Are there any emerging industries you are particularly interested in?
- What was the biggest innovation over the last decade in the industry?
- What are some common misconceptions about our industry? How do you deal with them?
- How can our industry reduce its ecological footprint?
Bonus: Fun Q&A questions
Q&A doesn’t have to be so serious all the time. Just as businesses are becoming more relaxed, so should your Q&A questions. Use some of the ideas below to kick-off your Q&A, before you switch to the more difficult questions.
- What’s the most recent book you’ve read?
- What are you watching at the moment on Netflix?
- What was the last photo you took?
- What’s the most used app on your phone?
- What was the latest TED talk you watched?
- What’s your next holiday destination?
- Team iOS or Team Android?
- What did you have for breakfast?
- What does the typical day of a [job title] look like?
- What are your hobbies, besides work and speaking at events?
Virtual events and event apps made simple
Build a virtual event experience for your audience on the platform trusted by the pros.Request a demo